Today is day +2. I found myself able to move to the restroom, then to the couch. That was about it. No more strength. Profoundly weak and short of breath. My hemoglobin was 7.8, neutrophils are gone completely, white blood cell count was something like 0.1, platelets were around 50 or above. All these together produce:
– prone to infecti0ns
– tired and short of breath
– having to do “CHG” wipes 2 hours after showering. Reduces the bacteria count on the skin
– needing blood, got a transfusion today. Really perked up after that!
– needed to ambulate (walk) the halls. No go. Just way to exhausted. Both PT and OT came by I gave them a pink slip for tomorrow
– I have lovely case of the skitters (diarrhea for you non southerners). Performing damage control there….
– able to hold down two small easy meals today. That was refreshing. They are pumping me up on Zofran every 8 hours, and sucralfate to coat my stomach which has been burning badly.
– I have been having headaches due to the chemo. It has been my primary symptom during 2008’s Burkitt’s battle and with this one. They have me taking Fioricet (sp?) and it has really helped me.
After the transfusion was completed, I felt a good bit stronger. Able to walk a little. I then took a shower. A few hours after that, they performed the odd but necessary ritual of “CHG” wipe down. Everything on my body gets systematically wiped down with the strong antiseptic solution. Avoid face/head/groin/buttocks. Otherwise, every thing gets thoroughly coated.
Thanks for all the love, prayers, and support. Love you all so much!